Contract reviews continue at OMB, official says
nextgov.com
Eric M. Ueland testifies during a Senate Homeland Security Committee hearing on April 3, 2025. BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images






The Office of Management and Budget is engaged in and leading a review of IT contracts across the government, Eric Ueland, deputy director for management at OMB, told attendees at a Nextgov/FCW event Wednesday, saying that the government needs to look forward to what’s coming next.
OMB is working with Greg Barbaccia, the federal chief information officer, on this review, he said.
The Trump administration started reviewing and culling contracts early last year as part of its effort to cut what it deemed wasteful government spending.
By the 100th day of the administration, the General Services Administration was touting the cancellation of 9,400 contracts. GSA also told agencies to scrutinize contracts with top consultants. Another focus has been on cancelling contracts related to diversity, equity and ...
Copyright of this story solely belongs to nextgov.com . To see the full text click HERE

